Saturday, September 1, 2007

Classic TV Themes: Dramas of the 80s (and 90s)

My previous posts' sidestep into frivolity led to this one. I realized that most of my "Classic TV" clips were from the 70s, and I was as much a "child" of the 80s--and even the 90s (I was immature), so I thought I'd branch out a bit.

First up, while I was still in my "comic book" phase (as if I ever left), I was a big fan of The Greatest American Hero, starring William Katt, Robert Culp (future father-in-law of Ray Romano on Everybody Loves Raymond), and Mrs. John Tesh, Connie Sellecca.

Second, the vastly underrated Remington Steele, starring the equally underrated Stephanie Zimbalist and future James Bond, Pierce Brosnan. Not to mention (future Ray Romano Mother on Everybody Loves Raymond) Doris Roberts.

Third, my guiltiest pleasure (I never missed an episode), Dynasty. Not well-written. Not well-acted. For some reason, addictive anyway. And the best use of a trumpet in a theme ever.

And last, a nineties entry, Melrose Place, which didn't kick into high gear until Dynasty alum Heather Locklear joined the cast (as perpetual guest star). And a great cast it was. Whatever happened to Andrew Shue, Josie Bissett and Thomas Calabro anyway?

Enjoy.


1 comment:

  1. Well if oyu liked the Greatest American hero you might like a story I wrote called Time Heals All Wounds.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2795209/1/Time_Heals_All_Wounds
    It's still going strong.

    It has been years since Ralph has passed on the suit to Holly. He has feeling something bad has happened and he finds himself in front of the suit with a new owner. An owner who the suit was not meant for. What can Ralph do on his own against the suit.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...