Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Fall TV: Brothers and Sisters

The top of the page says "Tuesday," but I'm still posting on Monday night, and it's still news black-hole time. I can't find anything remotely interesting to post! Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, I don't know, but I'm segueing into the frivolous again. It's never deserted me in a pinch!

Brothers and Sisters began last season, and I watched, mostly because it was on after my guilty pleasure, Desperate Housewives. The cast looked good, but I was wary. Serialized dramas tend to get cancelled as soon as you get interested. And with Sally Field in the cast, there was the worry that she'd repeat the dreadful scene from Steel Magnolias where she cries.

She does. A lot. But it works better here, and Olympia Dukakis doesn't have to save the scene. It's a fun, heartwarming show about a dysfunctional family, and is uniformly well acted. The writing falters at times, but this cast rescues it every time. I'm glad the show was a hit, and I'm anxious for the sophomore season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...