Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Fred Thompson Declares Candidacy on Leno



I had to work late this evening, so I'll be posting a few things with minimal comments at first. More to come later.

First up: Fred Thompson all but officially declares candidacy (I believe that happens tomorrow), by making an announcement on The Tonight Show.

[Excerpt]

Fred Thompson Is In, But Skips Debate

DES MOINES, Iowa (Sept. 5) - Fred Thompson - veteran actor, former Republican senator - launched his bid for the presidency Hollywood style. "I'm running for president of the United States," Thompson told Jay Leno in a taped appearance on NBC airing Wednesday night.

Thompson called top opponents Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney formidable but added: "I think I will be, too" as he rejected the notion that he was getting into the race too late, only four months before voting begins.

"I don't think people are going to say, 'You know, that guy would make a very good president but he just didn't get in soon enough,'" Thompson said as the studio audience laughed. Poking at his rivals who have been running since the year began, he added: "If you can't get your message out in a few months, you're probably not every going to get it out."


Read the rest at: news.aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...