Saturday, September 1, 2007

Blogiversary: 3 Months! 530+ Posts!


Reaching around (no jokes!) to give myself a pat on the back, as the Greenlee Gazette reaches another set of minor milestones. I say minor, because compared to the big blogs, these are not terribly impressive. But given my inauspicious start at blogging, I'm kind of proud that I was able to stick it out this long.

I've had several friends and family members give me links to their blogs, which I dutifully plopped in my favorites list. None of those made it past a few weeks at best. This is not to criticize them, mind you, only to point out that I figured that's what would happen in my case as well. You get busy, life gets away from you, and the little blog idea loses appeal.

In my case, I think I desperately needed a hobby, and this filled the space perfectly. When confronted with "hobbies" on questionnaires, I really used to be stymied. Not anymore! And I'm not tuckered out yet.

My goal is to stick around at least through this political season. After that, we'll see where we are. I know my audience is limited, but I'd like to think I've had a little impact here and there. If nothing else, I have an outlet for my frustrations now, and mutter to myself a lot less than I used to.

Another benefit: I'm more knowledgeable of current events than I used to be, since I'm constantly looking for story ideas. I've also become better at spelling, for some reason. The more posts I write, the fewer typos the spell-checker finds. That's a good thing.

It is a challenge to fill this space on a daily basis, and I have to fight feeling guilty for some reason, if I've had a few light-posting days. I'm going to try to get over that one. If I miss a day here or there, hey I miss a day. But I'll try to stay as current as I can, and hopefully grow my audience.

As always, I appreciate all feedback, positive or negative. Comment on the stories, or drop me an email, I'd love to hear from you. And bring your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...