Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Blogiversary: 18 Months! (Almost) 4,000 Posts!


Well, I made it. Not just to the election, but all the way to a year and a half. I wasn't sure I'd get here, particularly in the beginning. I did have to qualify the 4,000 posts with the (almost) because I won't actually get there until later today. But it was too good a coincidence not to brag about.

Every month, I post one of these "blogiversary" posts more as a self-back pat and self-encouragement than anything else. It gives me a milestone to look forward too, and more often than not, I'm encouraged to keep going. This is my only real hobby after all, and it has become a bit of an obsession. I feel guilty if I don't post something. I feel guilty if I post something that doesn't seem sufficiently interesting. But I'm trying to let that part of it go.

Already, since the election, I've scaled back a bit, though I did keep posting right through the Thanksgiving holiday. If I only find three or four interesting things, that's all I'll post. And I'm sure as the rest of the holidays approach, I'll keep a slightly lighter blogging schedule. Strangely enough, I believe I'd have almost exactly the same number of hits per day if I stopped posting all together.

But I'm not ready to give up yet. I'm still having fun. I expected and got a smaller audience this month, after the election was over. I think most bloggers did. But I still squeaked out almost as many visitors in November as I did in September. That's not too shabby. We'll see where the future leads.

Thanks for reading, and please bring your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...