Friday, December 12, 2008

Bettie Page Dies at 85


Photo from source, LA Times

I, like most people my age or younger, didn't know who Bettie Page was for many years, though I was familiar with her image. The pinup girl, the lady with the bangs. We've seen pictures of her, and of women who imitated her look. She was as iconic, if not as omnipresent, as Marilyn Monroe.

Since learning her name (when my brother was infatuated with a girl who had a similar look), I've read a bit about her. But sadly, not enough to write a fitting tribute. I'll try to convince my brother or Stupid Monkey Planet to contribute a more knowledgeable post over the weekend.

[Excerpt]

Bettie Page dies at 85; pinup queen played a key role in the sexual revolution of the 1960s and later became a cult figure

Bettie Page, the brunet pinup queen with a shoulder-length pageboy hairdo and kitschy bangs whose saucy photos helped usher in the sexual revolution of the 1960s, has died. She was 85. . .

Read more at: LA Times

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...