Monday, December 29, 2008

Greenlee Gazette Holiday Vacation


Every year for the last five years or so, I've managed to take a week off during the holidays (no "War on Christmas" stuff here, I mean Christmas and New Year's, like most sane people). It's a relaxing way to spend the last week of the year, and removes the hassle of trying to squeeze holiday responsibilities and fun around a work schedule.

This year's week off landed kinda funny on the calendar though. Usually, it's a week between Christmas and New Year's. This year, with Christmas and New Year's Eve on Wednesdays, I had to choose one week or the other. So, I took New Year's week, giving me Dec. 24 - Jan 4 off. Pretty sweet stuff, even if some is unpaid. Today being Monday, it is the first "official" day of my vacation. But in an 11-day stretch of days off, I'm actually already at day five. Not quite half. But it's amazing how long the vacation takes to get here, and how fast it goes by.

That's a long way to go to launch my way into a post. And I don't have anything particularly profound to say just yet today. I turned on the news, and found nothing new (unless a missing cruise ship passenger stokes your "missing white chick" fire). I'll try again later in the day, and hope to bring you something interesting-ish. But if I don't, you'll understand, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...