Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend Projects #2, 3 and 4 Complete!


There are weekends where you get absolutely nothing done, and feel guilty about it. There are those that are planned lazy time, and there are the ones where you plan projects for yourself, and actually do them. This was one of those for me.

I came away wounded and achy after my big project, switching out the fenders on my Jeep. My other projects by contrast were fairly easy. #2 was trading out the power supply on The Other Half's computer. This might have been an ordeal years ago, but having done it before, and with easier-access computers these days, it was easy-breezy. All done in about 15 minutes.

Project #3 was to obtain and set up a quieter fan in my office. We moved my office to the front of the house, so that I wouldn't disturb TOH when he has to sleep at different hours than I do. But the problem is, the front of the house gets warm, and the fans in our house are all too noisy. They require me to turn up the TV too loud to compensate, which kinda defeats the purpose of moving in the first place. So, I found a vertical, oscillating "fan tower" that promises to be noiseless. $27, so even if it turns out not to suit my purposes, it's no big tragedy.

Project #4 was seemingly simple: obtain a filtered water pitcher. Our ridiculously expensive Maytag Ice20 refrigerator's water line freezes up over and over, so we wanted filtered water in a different way. Options for pitchers are more varied than they used to be, with different brands and sizes. I opted for a slim 9-cupper jobby that was marked down from $25 to $11.

It's kind of weird though, with a sink attachment included, and a hose that snaps into the handle. And there is only one spot in the afore-mentioned refrigerator that it'll even fit.

But looky there, four projects completed! Now, I'm going to settle in with a box DVD set of Angel, Season 1 to watch for the first time. As a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan, this could almost be counted as project #5. No use wasting time blogging, as it seems there are no readers today anyway. 18-whopping people at last check. Whoopee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...