Saturday, April 18, 2009

Weekend Blogging Blahs and Sarah Palin


Photo from source, The Daily Beast

Today was sort of a rest and recovery day for me. I spent last weekend on a trip to see family in Ohio, so there wasn't much rest there. Then, the short work week was pretty hectic, and being a night owl, I never seem to get enough sleep. So last night, I got it, finally. And today I had errands, and an unexpected (but very pleasant) dinner at a friend's house. So, not surprisingly, I once again haven't had time to blog.

If you know anything about blogging, you know that trying to do it on weekends (or holidays) is especially challenging. Still, I feel the need to get a couple of things posted for Saturday. I'm just not promising a lot!

Let's start with one of my favorite punching bags, Sarah Palin. She's an easy target, I know, but she is still beloved by the FreeRepublic/Tea Bagger contingent, who still believe that she is the GOP's savior for 2012. I of course say, "go for it." But some of her long-time defenders are starting to get off the Palin bus (or are throwing her under it). And forgive me, I find it all very comforting. I've never understood her appeal, or figured out how the GOP had set expectations so very low (with Palin, Bobby Jindal, Michael Steele, Michelle Bachmann and Joe the Freaking Plumber). Could some be waking up? Maybe, but I doubt it. Which ultimately could be a good thing, I guess.

[Excerpt]

Sarah, You Blew It

Johnston, a 19-year-old with a perhaps undeserved reputation as a backwoods simpleton, has done what Barack Obama and Joe Biden and sneering liberals and cringing conservatives couldn’t: He has killed off Sarah Palin as a serious contender for the next Republican presidential nomination. And I have to say, this depresses the hell out of me. . .

Read more at: The Daily Beast


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...