Monday, March 15, 2010

iPhone Addiction? First Cult of Mac, Now Appleholics?


Image from source Unwired View


I was late adopter to cell phones, waiting until 2004 or so to take the plunge. It took me even longer to understand texting, or why anyone would want to do it. It wasn't until we got our third round of phones that we upgraded to "smart" phones, with texting. Now I use it, but not with anything approaching addiction. We got the full data package too, so we can watch YouTube videos, check email, listen to music. . .but we mostly don't. After all, it is rare that I'm away from a computer for any stretch of time. Of course, my phone is a Samsung Rant, not an Apple iPhone.


I've seen how the iPhone works, and I will grudgingly admit that it's pretty nifty. It seems pretty sleek and fairly fast. I like the zoom in/zoom out fingertip dealie. It's neat that you can shake it and tap it, and do all sorts of gyrations to make it do things. So, I can see having fun with the thing at first. Maybe even develop a habit of doing certain things with it. But what is it about Apple products that turn users into iZombies?


[Excerpt]


iPhone can be addicting, says Stanford University survey


A recent Stanford University study unveiled what some may have already known: Apple’s iPhone can be (and in some cases is) addicting. . .


Read more at: Unwired View

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...