Thursday, March 25, 2010

Robert Culp Dead at 79


Image from source, TVSquad

This probably doesn't qualify for "The Greenlee Curse," but it's close. While it has happened many, many times in my life, the most memorable ones are Elvis Presley and Isabel Sanford. Both died at points in their lives when their careers weren't particularly on fire, and both died the day after I had a fairly significant conversation about them. With Robert Culp, I just happened to notice--while The Other Half was watching the movie The Pelican Brief--that Culp played the President. I said, "Oh, I like him. Is he still alive?" Gulp.

I was too young for I Spy, but I loved him in The Greatest American Hero, and also in Everybody Loves Raymond. Everybody's got to go sometime, but it's sad. RIP, Mr. Culp.

[Excerpt]

'I Spy' star Robert Culp dead at 79

One half of the 'I Spy' team is gone: Robert Culp has died near his home in Hollywood at the age of 79. What's even more troubling is the way he died. Culp apparently fell and hit his head while out for a walk and was found by a jogger. He later died at a hospital. . .

Read more at: TVSquad



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...