Friday, September 3, 2010

A Day in the Life of a Blogger

The tray of torture implements my
hygienist Betsy used. Scraaape
I'm late in getting something up on the blog today, but I have an excuse. It's been a very busy day. First, I had a dental appointment, something I have to endure every three months due to periodontal disease. Fun! The visit was mostly positive. I've seen a very good improvement in the last six months, though I believe my progress dropped just a tiny bit from three months ago.  So, I'm still on a prescription, and still have to be tortured four times per year.

The looming lamp monster.
You can see him, can't you?
Each time my butt hits that dentist chair, I marvel at how it feels like I was just there. No matter which little exam room they put me in, it feels the same. And I see the strange little lamp monster above me.  I took a picture of him this time, so that I could prove he exists. You don't see him? Those little Phillips-screw eyes, that little hinge-mouth below?  He hovers over me, taunting me.

After the scraping and interminable gum measuring was over, I had to line up a prescription. Then I had to drive over to the auto dealership to pick up a touch-up paint pen for my car (just a couple of tiny dings to take care of).  After that, back across town to the library to get some homework for my new Mac, and drop off last week's supply.  And I'm back here using the Mac for this update. Whew! It's only 1:30, and I'm kinda pooped. It's a damned good thing I don't have the kinds of chores my ancestors had. I'd have been such a whiny bitch about it!

More bloggy goodness to come this afternoon and/or evening. I hope everyone's having a terrific start to their holiday weekend. Cheers, everybody!

2 comments:

  1. I feel for you. I hate the dentist, especially when one time, the dentist was drilling a tooth and the drill slipped and went into my tongue. Couldn't taste for 2 months.
    Hope you're feling better, though and glad you survived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dan! But my next appointment is between Thanksgiving and Christmas. What a way to spoil the holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...