Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"Cut, Cap and Balance" Plan is Extreme (and Extremely Dumb)

Image from source, Think Progress
The inelegantly named "Cut, cap and balance" plan offered up by Congressional Republicans allegedly will solve all of our budgetary woes. It would do so by cutting government programs by unrealistic percentages, rolling them back 45 years. It is--I hope--a last ditch effort by Republicans to throw something out there to their Tea Baggers before ultimately allowing the debt ceiling to be raised. We don't have time for this crap.

[Excerpt]

Republican ‘Cut, Cap, And Balance’ Plan Would Require A 25 Percent Cut In Every Government Program

House Republicans are planning to hold a vote tomorrow on the radical “cut, cap, and balance” plan, which stipulates that the federal debt ceiling only be raised if a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution is sent to the states for ratification. As we’ve noted time and again, such an amendment is a phony solution to the nation’s budget challenges, and would force the government into actively making economic downturns worse. . .

Read more at: Think Progress

3 comments:

  1. Maybe not 25% but we certainly can do 5% very easily. There is so much in the Federal government, it's unbelievable. And I would include the military in this as well.

    ps- I am still having problems loading your web site. Probably my 7 year old computer is the problem, but it takes 5 minutes or more before I get to move your page up and dow- very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm. You know, I'm using a standard Blogger template, but it does have transparancy effects and radiused corners. Plus I usually have a few videos, and those "previous post" pictures.

    It loads pretty quickly on my PC (and my Android phone version is very fast). Are you using Internet Explorer? I just tried Google Chrome, and the whole page loaded for me in about 30 seconds. But you know what? When I post a "Blast from the Past" post from now on, I'm going to put part of it below the fold. I'll bet the 10 Paula Abdul videos aren't doing you any favors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might also be the time of day- now I had no problems now.
    Yeah, and I am sure Paula Abdul has that effect on other people.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...