Still, it's not like Madison Avenue just thought up marketing. Since the 50s and 60s, food companies have been making all kinds of processed foods and food-like edible products. And by the 70s and 80s, they were firmly in the pop culture consciousness. So why weren't we all fat then? Something to ponder. And while you do, here are some of the items you might have had in your fridge, freezer or pantry back in the 70s and 80s. Most are still around today, but their image was molded (pressed and extruded) there!
1. Chef Boy-Ar-Dee Beefaroni/Beef-O-getti (1970)
2. Kraft Macaroni & Cheese (1986) - with William "Refrigerator" Perry
3. Swanson Hungry Man Dinners (1973) - with Jeff Conaway
4. Banquet Pre-cooked Fried Chicken (1976)
5. Franco-American Spaghetti-Os (1973)
6. Roast 'n Boast Oven Cooking Bag Seasoning Mix (1972) - with Eve Arden. This product was a little known cousin to #7.
7. Shake 'n Bake (early 1980s) - with Ann B. Davis of The Brady Bunch
8. Pillsbury "Fun-fetti" Cake Mix and Icing (early 80s) - with the Pillsbury Dough Boy
And now, I'm hungry. Oh well, have a great week everyone. Happy Monday!