Friday, July 20, 2007

The 100 Best Cover Songs of All Time

This article hits my sweet spot for pop culture. I've always been fascinated by cover songs, particularly covers that are as popular or more so than their originals. It's funny how people like the version they knew first, or the one popular when they were first into music.

I think I'll always like the Kim Wilde version of "You Keep Me Hangin' On," over Diana Ross' version. Sure I knew the original first, but the Kim Wilde song was popular when I was in high school. My friend Mark always liked the Carpenters' version of "Ticket to Ride," because he didn't even know there was a Beatles version first.

Read the New York Post's 100 Best Cover Songs of All Time

And here are some of my favorites, "You Keep Me Hangin' On" by Kim Wilde, "Put a Little Love in Your Heart" by Annie Lennox and Al Green, "Dancing in the Street" by David Bowie and Mick Jagger, and finally, "Venus" by Bananarama. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...