Sunday, July 22, 2007

Religion and Politics One in New Town


Photo from source, ABCNews.com

And I thought the Creation Museum was scary. This is just wrong on so many levels. I knew there was a reason I don't care for Domino's Pizza.

[Excerpt]

City of God: Catholic Fla. Town Opens

The Florida town of Ave Maria is like many other large family neighborhoods. The town will have 11,000 homes in its community.

But unlike so many other communities, Ave Maria has a specific purpose. The quaint location isn't built for golfers or retirees like so many other Florida developments. Ave Maria is a refuge of sorts for Christian values in a secular age.

It opens its gates to the public for the first time on Saturday. It is the brainchild of Dominos Pizza founder Tom Monaghan, who built the town as part of his life-long dream. The staunch Catholic envisioned a community that would draw residents who shared his Catholic values.

"I put basically everything I had into it, not only my money, but the rest of my life," Monaghan said.

Read more at: ABCNews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...