Saturday, July 21, 2007

In Praise of the Other Half


I say in the masthead that this blog is part confessional, and I'd like to confess right now that I don't deserve my Other Half. He's a fantastic guy, from an equally fantastic family, and I just don't feel that I measure up.

Here's a guy who responded to some of my family's drama by tidying up our guest room, folding my laundry, and quietly keeping to himself while we settled our issues. He's no shrinking violet, but he knows when to butt out, and just as much when to speak up.

Our initial meeting was a truly spectacular example of the stars aligning. From both sides, countless little things could have put us in circumstances where we would not have met. And once we did meet, other circumstances could have easily derailed us. Luckily, fate seemed to keep playing along, and nearly ten years later we are still together. I've never been happier, and never more humbled that I've managed to keep him around.

Presently, he is enjoying the second half of his vacation with his own family, while I chill at home. I'd dearly loved to spend time with them, but with a limited vacation allowance, I was in desperate need of some alone time. A painful decision, but one that had to be made. I hope to see them all soon.

I'm not sure what inspired this post, other than to point out on this blog for the first time how lucky I feel, and to let him know too. I love you honey, and can't wait to see you upon your return. Peace, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...