Friday, July 20, 2007

The Other Half: Family

Posted by NevadaJoe

Am still on vacation, though I have moved from Ohio to Iowa. The weather has been pretty good I must admit. I have a mosquito bite and am quite indignant about it. The public library here in Johnston is very hospitable and hosts about 20 computers for the likes of me to use at our leisure.

I just got a letter back from our awesome Republican Senator, John Ensign, who in responding to my letter from a few weeks back reminded me that there was no crime committed by Scooter Libby. Dubious logic on that one I must say, at least he acknowledged that it wasn't the response I was hoping for. I must admit that I think he only says what Karl Rove tells him to say. The United flights home are all full and I will most likely have to use Southwest to get home to LAS. Thank God for Southwest, they are so kind to the many employees of other carriers who fly on them regularly to get where we need to go. It is a shame that one of our main employee benefits of working for United is one we can rarely use without much trepidation and anxiety.

Well, my time is nearly up on this computer, so I better go. Looking forward to getting home on Monday and resuming my hectic life on the couch with a good book and a bad cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...