Saturday, August 25, 2007

I Hate Technical Support


Yes, there, I've said it. I hate technical support. Whether from trained call centers, or from message boards, I have found their advice relatively useless.

They start every attempt first as though you're an idiot, and are looking at a computer for the first time. After you've established your "cred" as an experienced computer user, they take a slightly better approach. But have you ever noticed that whatever your problem is, they've never heard of it before?

They ask if you've defragged, they ask if you've deleted your cache or your temporary Internet files. At this point, if it is a problem that I'm sure is on their end, I'll say, "stop, this is not an isolated problem. I know others who've had it, I have it on at least two computers, what is the solution?" Usually, I get nothing usable from these sorts of interactions, and through bumbling and fumbling find the answer myself.

Unfortunately, because I've tried a dozen things, I'm never quite sure what I did to fix it!
I will try to get back to regular posts here in a little while. I'm still working on the computer problem. Also, I have a dinner engagement, so most posts will likely be later this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...