Sunday, November 30, 2008

Mike Huckabee Interviews Bill Maher

I've previously described the FOX "News" program Huckabee as "part politics, part folksy discussion, part Hee-Haw." I still think that description is apt, but I think I may have been too easy on Mike Huckabee. We were fortunate that he didn't "fire up the base" like Sarah Palin did, because the guy is just plain dangerous.

Huckabee is an advocate of infusing politics with religion. That's not so unusual, but Huckabee is also extremely affable, has a sense of humor and humility, and has a scary way of making the unreasonable sound reasonable. Even his show on uber-conservative FOX "News" manages to be rather light and friendly, even when he has liberal guests on.

Here, he interviews Bill Maher, the famously irreligious host of HBO's Real Time. Maher's recent movie, Religulous is at issue here, and it's a pretty good interview. I don't think it's a mystery which person I agree with, but Huckabee manages to come off OK, despite Maher's drilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...