Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blast from the Past: Toys of the 70s

This post is for no other reason than I felt the blog needed to lighten up a little.

I'm a child of the 70s, and have a fondness for the pop culture of the period. But I can't help but wonder; what would happen if you plopped a child of the 00s back to the 1970s. Would they go absolutely catatonic with nothing but the things that kept us occupied as children?





#1 - Slinky - The endlessly fun toy, Slinky, kept us occupied for--oh--10 minutes? Then we got it tangled up, and hopelessly bent.

#2 - Smash Up Derby - "Smash, Bang, Crash 'em Up, Put 'em Back Again!" This spin off of the SSP racers made me drool. But I never got one. I had to occupy myself melting model cars with a lighter. Which hurt, when I melted one onto my finger!

#3 - Connect Four - "Pretty sneaky, sis!" This (very boring) checkers game got a lot of play for some reason. The commercial is better than the game.

#4 - Gnip Gnop - Wouldn't ping pong be easier if there was a clear acrylic cover to keep the balls in? This very silly game was another hit in the 70s. Again, the commercial lasted longer than the entertainment value.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...