Monday, June 29, 2009

Bad PhotoShop Job: FunGuide Racial Diversity


Image from source, National Post

"PhotoShopping" can be a hoot. I've done it for fun, used it for comic effect here on the blog, and use it in my work to superimpose signs onto buildings for customers. Most of what I've done (and I don't even use PhotoShop, I use Corel Photo-Paint) doesn't need to be 100% photo-realistic. But even my goofy attempts are more believable that the one featured in the excerpted article below. It pretty much jumps up and screams "PhotoShop Job!"

[Excerpt]

City digitally adds black guy to Fun Guide cover to make it more ‘inclusive’

The smiling, ethnically diverse family featured on the cover of Toronto's latest edition of its summer Fun Guide was digitally altered to make the photo more "inclusive," which city officials say is in keeping with a policy to reflect diversity. . .

Read more at: National Post

Thanks to Stupid Monkey Planet for the link.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...