Saturday, June 20, 2009

Who Knew Cookie Dough Could be Bad for You?


Image from source, 1010News

Honestly, can you imagine that eating spoonful after spoonful of raw cookie dough would be anything other than an utterly safe, wholesome experience? Actually, I've eaten many a spoonful myself over the years (though not in a long time), but I've always heard warnings about salmonella poisoning from the raw eggs. I just didn't heed the warnings.

But I never heard of E. coli poisoning through cookie dough. I always thought E. coli came from feces, and I'm pretty sure that poo isn't a "secret ingredient" in Toll House cookies. Still, I think it's wise to avoid the poopie-dough cookies for a while. Which should be easy enough, as it would seem every chocolate chip cookie dough package has been pulled at my local grocery store. Not just Nestle's, all of them.

[Excerpt]

Nestle Recalls Toll House Cookie Dough Products

The federal Centers for Disease Control said its preliminary investigation shows ``a strong association'' between eating raw refrigerated cookie dough made by Nestle and the illnesses of 65 people in 29 states whose lab results have turned up E. coli bacteria since March. . .

Read more at: 1010News


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...