Wednesday, September 9, 2009

President Obama's Speech to Congress on Health Care Reform

What I saw of it was pretty good. I missed a chunk due to the news of the loss of a family member (story here), so I missed a large chunk in the middle. I did catch the very rude heckling by Congressman Joe "You Lie!" Wilson (R-South Carolina). Stay classy dude. Maybe he was trying to set himself apart from Valerie Plame-Wilson's husband? Or maybe he's just a douche-nozzle.

I'm not an expert on the whole health care debate, but I am flummoxed by the fact that so many on the right are against any sort of reform. It defies reason. To my way of thinking, anything that doesn't make things worse is a step in the right direction. Perhaps if there is no "public option" (arrgh, why can't Democrats use catchy names for things like Frank Luntz?), it could be grafted on later.

Anyway, here is the whole speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...