Friday, June 25, 2010

FOX "News" Fail: America Live as Biased as Hannity

Just a quick note to reiterate: FOX "News" is NOT news.  I know, I know, I've said this many times before (hence the word "reiterate!").  But it is interesting to note that every time I've tried the FOX "News" hard news experiment, I've come up with the same result.  Supposedly, there is a line to be drawn between FOX "News"'s opinion programming, and their hard news shows. But there isn't.

Case in point, America Live with Megan Kelly.  I put the TV on FOX for a few minutes while I caught up on emails and such.  And in the space of 15 minutes, the hard-right tilt and obvious opinion was evident.  In her tease of what was coming up in the 10:00 am hour, Kelly's entire list of stories was "Do the Democrats. . .?" and "Does President Obama. . .?"  At the top of the hour, she teased it all again (how much time is spent on these shows telling you what's to come, anyway?) and in each instance, punctuated her delivery with sneers, a sing-songy voice, pregnant pauses.  She could just has easily been guest hosting for Sean Hannity. This is allegedly hard news. It is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...