Friday, June 11, 2010

I Am Woefully Behind the Times

Image from source, The Next Web
I've always been a techno-savvy, ahead-of-the-curve, right on the cutting edge pop culturally kind of guy. But being 44, and coasting on "what I know" sometimes, I've found myself wondering what the heck is going on lately.  I started this blog three-plus years ago, long after the blogging craze was already underway.  I joined MySpace late. I joined Facebook late. I joined Twitter late (and still don't really know what to do with it). And though I enjoy blogging, I have to wonder sometimes. . .is there any point?

Sure, I've got more readers than ever right now. And I'm still having a heck of a lot of fun doing it. But am I missing the boat? Should I be beefing up my Twitterosity to bring more life to the blog? I have no idea. But I'm learning. . .

[Excerpt]

What Happens To Blogging When Twitter Goes Down

Twitter pulled a Twitter today and went down, as you well know, and thus took the blogging world crashing along with it. It is no small secret that in regards to online content dissemination (which is not a dirty word, I promise), Twitter is quickly becoming the de facto solution.



Not that RSS, Facebook, and the like do not share some part in any publication’s overall strategy for the promotion of recent posts, but the most pugnaciously powerful percolator is quickly becoming Twitter, most especially in the technology world. If you already knew this, you are probably in the writing game. . .

Read more at: TheNextWeb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...