Tuesday, June 22, 2010

War, War, What is it Good For? I Dunno. . .

Image from source, Wonkette
Have you ever had a major news issue that you couldn't form an opinion on?  That's the war in Afghanistan for me. I try to understand it, wrap my brain around it. And as soon as someone knowledgeable starts to explain things, my eyes roll back in my head, and I have a "Homer Simpson" moment, complete with a cartoon running in my brain. 

Bad news for my blog, since the General McChrystal Rolling Stone article, and its aftermath (including a possibly career ending meeting with the President, and our whole strategy in Afghanistan in flux) is practically all the news is about today. I even drifted off while trying to glean something from The Rachel Maddow Show.  So, what to do?  Well, how about something somewhat entertaining from Wonkette? That'll do.

[Excerpt]

What Is Going On With Our Imperial War In Afghanistan?



Robert Gibbs is on the teevee reading statements, about Afghanistan! Obama and Karzai had an iChat this morning and it was “very productive.” But what is the president’s reaction to all of these crazy Rolling Stone quotes? Well, says Gibbs, motherfucking Stanley McChrystal will have his skinny traitorous ass hauled before the President tomorrow and will then be executed in Utah, on Twitter. What a weird time. . .

Read more at: Wonkette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...