Thursday, August 16, 2007

TV Review: Big Brother


Original summer TV programming is something of a wasteland (except for cable, see Eureka), so I don't expect much. But I expect something. I've only ever caught a few moments of Big Brother (now in its 8th season) before this year, and nothing really impressed me.

I decided to watch a bit of it this year. I've found, however, that I can't just watch the show. I have to also be doing something else. Working on the computer, reading, doing dishes, anything. Otherwise, I'd feel guilty.

Big Brother is an incredibly empty show. Outside of the obvious eye-candy (see photo), this show has nothing going for it. At least on Survivor, you can watch the fat people get skinny, and the fit people become emaciated. I have yet to figure out the point of this show.

One added bonus this year is on Showtime Too, which is airing Big Brother: After Dark. This is the uncensored live feed of the show, every night for three hours. Out of curiosity (and the chance of a free show), I DVRed a few episodes. Each three hour episode takes (seriously) about 35 minutes to watch. You fast-forward that much. I've found nothing in this show to recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...