Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What a Great Idea: Guns in Atlanta Airport!


UPDATE 08-03-08: This post has garnered a lot of hits lately. If you're reading this would you mind dropping me a comment as to what you were searching for when you found it? I'm just curious. Thanks!
Image from Open Clip Art

I mean seriously, what could go wrong?

I have very little problem with law-abiding citizens owning guns. I grew up around them, learned how to shoot and respect them at a young age, heck, I even loaded shotgun shells for Dad. They were always part of our household, and they were never, never toyed with.

But somebody please tell me, what is this passion people have for guns? I understand wanting them for protection, and for sport. But when it comes to the 2nd Amendment, some people treat it like religion. And, OK, if that's your thing, go to it. Just explain to me why the 2nd Amendment brings out such fervor, while violations of the first, fourth and others don't even raise a peep?

And finally, since the Supreme Court says you now have an unfettered right to a gun, why aren't you happy? You want to carry them around everywhere, schools, bus depots, and now the airport? A place where every other Constitutional right is routinely tossed out the window?

[Excerpt]


ATLANTA — The nation's busiest airport dueled with gun rights advocates Tuesday over whether a new Georgia state law allows visitors to carry firearms at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. . .

Read more at: Huffington Post


2 comments:

  1. I'm an artist looking for images of guns for a show I'm preparing work for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just doing a Google search, looking for scripture clipart. Didn't know how/why guns are thrown in with that so I thought I'd check it out. I'm still confused. But I had been looking for clipart very similar to this a few months back but couldn't find it. I'll know to just look for Bible stuff next time. : )

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...