Saturday, April 4, 2009

Milestone: 70,000 Hits!


Yeah, yeah, it's small potatoes compared to the big-time blogs. I've been around nearly two years, and have only hit 70,000 "hits"--visitors to my site. But having believed I'd have the barest handful of readers when I started, I'm excited to se a number that big.

And it has been a long time coming, considering I hit 50,000 in October of last year. Like many blogs, I saw a tremendous thinning of readers after the November 4 election. It went on the uptick again in February, and has since fallen again to early 2008 levels. No matter, I don't really do this for fame or anything. It's just an enjoyable hobby that I sometimes get too wrapped up in.

I have to say, I didn't know--after I had been in this a while, and measured readers in the multiple thousands--that web traffic could or would stagnate. I figured that if I kept up a reasonable pace, and found interesting things to post, it could only grow and grow. What I found is that--like me--blog readers are a fickle bunch. Here one day, gone the next. In the RSS feed for a couple of days, purged the next. I get it. And I don't take it personally anymore. I do need to figure out what the hell Twitter is good for, and maybe FaceBook too, though who knows, maybe FaceBook is as old hat as Blogger to most people.

Still, as long as Blogger is a viable platform, I'll be here in some capacity. Once I hit 2 years, 100,000 hits and/or 5,000 posts, I may start taking it easy a little more. But I'll still be around. If you're reading this (all six of you!), thank you, and please bring your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...