Thursday, September 8, 2011

Creepy: Rick Perry Draws Applause for Execution Record

I don't consider myself a namby-pamby liberal. For instance, I don't have much of a problem with guns.* I don't like pressing "1" for English.**  And I don't have much of a problem with capital punishment.*** All that said, I don't think I'd burst out into applause upon hearing that Rick Perry is the executin'-est Governor in the country.



* I also have little problem with reasonable gun control, and am creeped out by gun fetishists. You know, the need to be legally able to take your gun everywhere, like bars. ** While I find picking English annoying if it isn't the default, I also wouldn't make a big deal about it. *** Rick Perry, like George W. Bush before him, has seemingly had little if any compassion or empathy for those on death row, to the point of crassness. Perry has also refused to even consider commutation, even when it looked possible that a person might not be guilty. I personally would rather see a guilty person go free than an innocent person executed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...