Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Tea Party Debate in 75 Seconds

What the heck are Michele and Rick looking at?
Image from Uproxx
Though the 75-second clip is illuminating, it is the shot at left that really gets me. It's funny, because Rick Perry is known to be something of a doofus, and he looks like one in this shot. It is also notable for the fact that Perry does not have his hand over his heart. There is a photo of President Obama without his hand over his heart during the National Anthem, and right-wing world has beat it to death. From now on--particularly if Perry wins the nomination--this photo should be used as an instant answer to that, anyway.
 

[Excerpt]

Last Night’s Tea Party Debate In 75 Seconds 

Have you been watching the seemingly endless Republican presidential debates? If not, you should be, because they are high f*cking comedy, let me tell you. They are also scary as hell. Those debates are the funniest and scariest thing on television right now. By far. It’s like Curb Your Enthusiasm meets Tales From The Crypt or something. . .

Read more at: Uproxx

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I have two words: Who cares?
    Seriously, it is 6 months before the first primary and over 14 months to the election.
    I still think a big shot candidate will get in.
    Most of these candidates probably will be selling their books in 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From my perspective, it's important to point out the things I find stupid, funny, crazy, what have you. I know that YOU want a Republican as President. I don't. At least none of these people. The only big shot I know of is Sarah Palin, and she's as bad or worse. Again, in my opinion.

    You might be right that this means little. Bill Clinton came out of nowhere. McCain almost flamed out. . .no one thought he'd be the nominee at this time in 2007. But who are the other heavy hitters?

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...