Thursday, September 22, 2011

Lawrence O'Donnell on Capital Punishment

This post is particularly for my conservative friend from the Las Vegas Badger, who pointed out that people were only protesting one execution on Wednesday, and not the other one going on in Texas. My reply was that the guy in Texas was a) guilty of one of the most heinous crimes in recent history, and b) his guilt was not in dispute. In Georgia, the man who was executed had quite a lot of supporters questioning his guilt, and there was very little evidence that put the gun in his hand. But Lawrence O'Donnell had a different take. It isn't 100% my opinion (as I'm a quasi-capital punishment supporter. . .I guess), but it is an excellent counterpoint to the Badger's point.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...