|Chart from OurFuture.org|
- Alaska has passed a law that could arrest law enforcement officers if they enforce gun laws they don't like (wha?)
- Arkansas Governor vetoes anti-abortion ban
- Indiana Senate passes one of those "transvaginal ultrasound" laws just for those who want an "abortion pill" (but not two of them!)
- Illinois elected a new Congresswoman to replace Jesse Jackson Jr.
- Biden meets with retired military for help on gun control
- Patrick Leahy makes announcement on gun control
- Chuck Hagel got confirmed as Defense Secretary
- Pennsylvania GOP forging ahead with vote-rigging scheme
- SCOTUS is votion on the voting right act
. . .and a whole, whole lot more. A lot happened, and this entire clip (not to mention the entire show) is worth watching. But, what I want you to watch--and get everybody else you know to watch--is the part that begins at 5:15, when Rachel starts talking the dreadful boring "sequestration," or "the sequester," if you prefer. Except she not only makes it not boring, she will teach you something you didn't know. [Story continues below]
The amazing thing that you don't know (statistically speaking), is that the budget deficit has been dropping. Every year since President Obama has been in office, the deficit has been going down. Not up, down. Only 6% of Americans surveyed knew that, and far and away a majority think it has gone up. Oh, and the sequestration thing that is some sort of vague nod toward "getting serious" about the deficit. . .has no effect on the deficit.
So, watch it, please? Thanks. Oh, and here's another article if you want to know more: