Sunday, December 8, 2013

Blast from the Past; Holiday Cheer Edition: Christmas Specials!

The Christmas fairies (both of us) blew in to our household this weekend, featuring a) a spectacular full-wrap of light grids on the big bush out front (eight packs of lights!), and a small display (with a smaller tree) on the coffee table. That's about it this year. We'll be in and out so much over the holiday, there's just no point going overboard. But it's brought the Christmas spirit to Greenlee Gazette with it. However, I'm still shaking some flu-bug symptoms and I'm a little tuckered out. So, I'm going a little easy on myself for this post.

Below are the full videos of every Christmas specials I could find. Not the songs, best parts, or opening themes, the whole episodes. I don't even know as I type this how many I can find, but I'll give it a go! This will save you the time and effort of finding the shows on TV or on video.

1. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964, Rankin-Bass)
2. Jack Frost (1979, Rankin-Bass)
 

3. Year Without a Santa Claus (1974, Rankin-Bass) Part I
4. Year Without a Santa Claus (1974, Rankin-Bass) Part II
 

5. Frosty the Snowman & Frosty Returns (1968, 1992, Rankin-Bass/Lorne Michaels)
6. Yes, Viriginia, There is a Santa Claus (1974, Bill Melendez)
 

Those are the biggies I could find.  I could only find bits and pieces (or Spanish language versions) of Santa Claus is Coming to Town and the original A Charlie Brown Christmas. There are lots of others, but these are--to me--the quintessential Christmas specials of my childhood. Hope you enjoyed 'em! In the next couple of weeks, I'll be posting numerous Holiday Cheer posts on the blog, so be on the lookout. Happy Monday, and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...