Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Frank Luntz is Depressed

That fat f**k, Frank Luntz, from The Atlantic
I have to be honest, I haven't yet finished the article excerpted below. I'd heard a few references to it, so I decided to look into it. And I read the first couple of paragraphs, mouth agape. Could Frank Luntz--wordsmith, and master of trickery to make unpalatable politics seem okay to people--seems to be having a crisis of conscience.  Really? That's freaking amazing!

But as you get further into it, you find something else. He doesn't seem to have a problem with himself, but politics in general, and President Obama. What? So, I'm going to keep reading, but it's getting late as I type this, so it might be tomorrow. But I wanted to get it up on the blog in case you, dear reader, would like to read it now. And when you're finished, read The Rude Pundit's take on the same story (if you dare). It's good but. . .well. . .rude.

[Excerpt]

The Agony of Frank Luntz

Frank Luntz does not want the buffet. We are on the top floor of the Capitol Hill Club, the members-only Republican hangout a block from the Capitol, where a meaty smell is emanating from steam trays. Today's main course is ham, and Luntz shakes his head. There's also fish, the host offers—mahi mahi. No. "I'm 0 for 2," Luntz says mournfully. . .

Read more at: The Atlantic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...