Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Non-troversy: Obama Says Pot Less Harmful than Alcohol

I can't figure out the problem here. I thought this was a fact that was self-evident. Alcohol is clearly a more dangerous (though socially more acceptable) drug. Where's the controversy?

[Excerpt]

President Obama Says Pot Is Less Dangerous Than Alcohol For The Individual Consumer

In an interview published Sunday by the New Yorker, President Obama said pot is no more dangerous than alcohol — and that marijuana legalization in Colorado and Washington state is an “important” move towards a more just legal system. “I smoked pot as a kid, and I view it as a bad habit and a vice, not very different from the cigarettes that I smoked as a young person up through a big chunk of my adult life,” Obama told reporter David Remnick. “I don’t think it is more dangerous than alcohol.” In fact, the president went on to admit pot was actually less dangerous “in terms of its impact on the individual consumer. . .”

Read more at: Think Progress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...