Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Fidel Castro Resigns


Photo from Wikipedia

This is one of those stories, that I as a blogger have to wrestle with a little bit. I generally only post stories here that I have some sort of personal interest in. My parents, who own a home in the Florida Keys have their opinions of course, but as staunch Republicans, I'm naturally always a little bit skeptical there. And otherwise, I don't have much knowledge of the whole Cuban embargo issue. But this is nonetheless a big story, and I couldn't let the day go by without at least acknowledging it. So, here you go. . .

[Excerpt]

Cuba Fund Has Biggest-Ever Surge After Castro Resigns

The Herzfeld Caribbean Basin Fund, which aims to profit from the resumption of U.S. trade with Cuba, surged the most in its 13-year history after Fidel Castro resigned as the country's president and commander-in-chief.

Castro's decision is "a clear step towards the possibility of the U.S. resuming trade with Cuba,'' Miami-based investor Thomas J. Herzfeld said during a telephone interview. He created the fund, whose ticker symbol is CUBA, in 1994. . .

Read more at: Bloomberg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...