Saturday, February 23, 2008

Blast from the Past: Forgotten 80s, #3

Back to some fun stuff. My definition of "Forgotten 80s" would be those songs from the 1980s that rarely if ever get played on the "80s Hits and More!" stations, and only end up on part #26 of 80s compilation packages. They're the secondary hits of established stars, or the one hit wonders that nobody remembers. . .until they hear them. Here are more of my favorites.




#1 - Boom Boom Boom (Let's Go Back to My Room) by Paul Lekakis - This artist had some overt clues to his sexuality in his album's liner notes, but people in the 80s didn't really catch on. Neither did his career (unfortunately) for this was his only real hit. Question though, what's with all the women in this video, especially since it's a recent remix--years after he came out?

#2 - Living in a Dream by Pseudo Echo - I featured this group in part 2, for their version of Funky Town, but I remember them as much for this, their first hit. I don't know why, but I loved it at the time.

#3 - Live is Life by Opus - No, not the penguin, the group! This was a fairly good sized hit, but I don't think I've ever heard it on the radio since the 80s.

#4 - Run Run Away by Slade - This one is a little more common than their other song, My Oh My, but I always liked this one better. And you still probably haven't heard it for years.

Previously:
Blast from the Past: Forgotten 80s, #2
Blast from the Past: Forgotten 80s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...