Saturday, February 23, 2008

Who the Hell is Tammy Bruce?


Photo from Super Country 105

I had a strange experience today, while driving around. I'm getting a cold, or a light flu, but was feeling a little cooped up. So, I decided to run up to CompUSA, which is in its last days of a going out of business sale. I found nothing, and moved on back toward home, stopping at Fry's Electronics along the way. Anyway, at some point on my journey, I fumbled for the radio, and hit a button that landed me on an unfamiliar station.

The voice coming out of my radio was Laura Ingraham, which would ordinarily frighten or annoy me (or perhaps a little of both). Today though, she was coming off as downright affable, saying all sorts of nice things about Barack Obama, and some digs at Hillary. Ingraham is also ill this weekend, so maybe she had too much medicine or something.

After my shopping trip at Fry's (which takes minimum an hour, every time--love that store), I got back into the Jeep, started the engine, and was assaulted by a different voice. This person was foreign to me, and boy did I take a visceral dislike to her. It was immediate. Every single thing she had to say was negative, bordering on nasty. Her name, was Tammy Bruce.

I've never heard of her, and knew nothing of her background. She assailed Michelle Obama for her "pride" statement of a few days ago, basically calling both of the Obamas "America haters." She then complained about a news report that said Barack Obama had gotten applause after blowing his nose. Personally, I thought, "Hey, THAT's charisma!" Not Ms. Bruce. She said, (paraphrasing here), "why not applaud him for blowing his nose, he's been wiping something else with what he wants to do to our country." I just thought, "Man, what a [expletive c-word deleted]."

So just now, I looked up Tammy Bruce in Wikipedia. Imagine my surprise to see her described as an out lesbian, a women's rights advocate, and a progressive Democrat. No. Frickin'. Way. Did someone pee in her Wheaties this morning, or is she always like this? I came away wondering if it's an act, or if she actually believes the stuff she was saying. I mean, if it's an act, she's being dishonest. If she really believes that the Obamas hate America, she's stupid.

So is Tammy Bruce dishonest or stupid? Or could it be both?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...