Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Blast from the Past: Forgotten 80s, #2

This subject hits my pop-culture sweet spot so hard, I had to continue it with a second post. For part one, check out this post.




#1 - No Myth by Michael Penn - This guy was at one time related to Madonna by marriage. And it is a shame he never caught on, because this is one of the best songs the 80s ever produced.

#2 - Funky Town by Pseudo Echo - Everybody remembers the original by Lipps, Inc. But this version really rocks, and I can't remember the last time I heard it since my last cassette deck died.

#3 - Don't Want to Fall in Love by Jane Childs - Long before Janet Jackson made it cool to wear funky pierced ear/nose jewelry, Ms. Childs had a lock on it. And the song was pretty cool too.

#4 - Sidewalk Talk by Jellybean Benitez & Madonna - This is the "lost" Madonna hit, one that never made it on to one of her Greatest Hits compilations. I don't think it ever had a proper video, but I always had a special affinity for the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...