Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Movies I Can't Wait to See: Harold & Kumar 2

I confess. I love stupid movies. No, scratch that, I love smart stupid movies. Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle is one of my favorite comedies. I own the DVD, and yet if I happen by an airing on Comedy Central or HBO, I invariably watch it through to the end.

Part of it is a long-time love of White Castle hamburgers, most likely. Also, the stars, John Cho and Kal Penn have great chemistry, and co-star Neil Patrick Harris is hysterically funny. They came together for a slapstick pothead movie that is greater than the sum of its parts.

Now they've made a sequel, Harold & Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay. If they keep the humor level as high (pun intended) as the first film, and maybe throw in a little Bush bashing (how could they not given the title), I'll be happy. It will also be interesting how they deal with openly gay Neil Patrick Harris--who played a version of himself in the first film, as a heterosexual horn-dog.

WARNING: These clips are R-Rated. So put on your headphones and shield your monitor.



And now, from the original:



EDITOR'S NOTE: As is always the case with YouTube videos, these may disappear without notice. Let me know if they're gone by clicking the email link at the upper left. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...