Sunday, May 25, 2008

Barack Obama Forgives Clinton's Assassination Quip?


Image from source, ABC News

Really? Are you kidding me?

While I was appalled by Hillary Clinton's invoking of Robert F. Kennedy's assassination as it correlates to Barack Obama's campaign, I also had a little sigh of relief upon hearing it. I'm convinced that Hillary Clinton intends to push her hopeless campaign all the way to the Democratic National Convention, and I thought--as bad as this gaffe was--that it would force her to finally withdraw, and allow Barack Obama to take on John McCain head on.

But hearing that Obama is going to forgive the comment makes me dread the continuation of this crazy, overlong contest. Mr. Obama, we know that you're a nice guy, and that you intend not to play politics as usual. You want to be above it all, and that is one of the things your supporters love about you. But forgiving this unforgivable tactic is only allowing Hillary Clinton to continue her campaign of politics as usual! Aaarrrgh!

[Excerpt]

'You Get Careless': Obama Blames Clinton RFK Quip on Stress of Long Campaign

Sen. Barack Obama gives Hillary Clinton the benefit of the doubt that she had no hidden meaning when she invoked the assassination of Bobby Kennedy as an explanation for remaining in the Democratic presidential race.

"I have learned that when you are campaigning for as many months as Sen. Clinton and I have been campaigning," he told the Puerto Rico radio station Isla, "sometimes you get careless in terms of the statements that you make. And I think that is what happened here. . .

Read more at: ABC News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...