Monday, May 26, 2008

Blast from the Past: Designing Women

Back when I was home in Ohio, I wanted to watch Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters, two of my favorite shows. My mother lamented that I like chick shows. Well, duuuhhh.

It's not all the chick shows, mind you. I don't give a flip about The Bachelor or Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I don't go much for schlocky romance or weepy sentimentality. I like crackling dialog and the occasional display of bitchiness. That's probably why I was such a fan of Designing Women.

Few actresses could pull off the spectacular diatribes that Dixie Carter as Julia Sugarbaker could reel off at someone who done her wrong. Or done her sister wrong, as in this scene. How she never won an Emmy is a mystery. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...