Monday, June 23, 2008

Very Sad News: George Carlin Dies


Photo from source, Yahoo! News

Celebrity deaths don't often affect me very much. They're no worse than anybody else's deaths in the long run. But George Carlin was one of my personal heroes. He presented controversial material in a time when almost nobody else was doing it. I agreed with his views almost 100%. This is very sad. I know he was 71, and that is just a little less than average, but damn we've lost a national treasure here.

I still remember the first episode of Saturday Night Live, back in 1975, which I somehow managed to watch live. Carlin was the host, and he seemed to give the program credibility as anarchist comedy. I'll miss you, George.

Sad.

[Excerpt]

Comedian George Carlin dies in Los Angeles at 71

Comedian George Carlin, a counter-culture hero famed for his routines about drugs and dirty words, died of heart failure at a Los Angeles-area hospital on Sunday, a spokesman said. He was 71. . .

Read more at: Yahoo! News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...