Sunday, January 18, 2009

Changes at Greenlee Gazette


One more time, I beg your indulgence, while I upgrade my office space. Today--after many abortive efforts, and much study--I bought a new desktop computer for my office. As you probably know, upgrading is more than just plugging in, and getting going. You also have to reinstall any software you used on your old computer, and make sure everything is compatible.

Because of this, posting may be light or nonexistent this weekend. I'll be back after everything is up to speed. My new computer is an HP Pavilion a6537c-b, with a 22" monitor and many bells and whistles. It was a "one more left" special at Sam's Club, and I just couldn't resist. I'll write a more complete review of it, as I get a little more familiar. In the mean time, thank you for reading, and bring your friends!

UPDATE:
This is kinda weird. I'm sitting in my office, and Saturday Night Live has just ended. I've got my old computer (a Dell Pentium 4) performing a "Windows Easy Transfer" to my new computer (an HP Core 2 Duo). It's taking freaking forever (so it is obviously not a "Windows FAST Transfer"), so I'm typing this from our notebook computer (a Dell Celeron). So, I have three computers in the same room! Add to that The Other Half's computer (an HP Pentium 4), and the one sitting derelict in the garage (an old IBM Pentium II), and we have five computers in this house!

I think we'll leave The Other Half's computer alone for now, ditch the Pentium II, store my old Pentium 4 (in case somebody's computer dies), and pare ourselves down to three functioning computers, and one in storage. That also leaves us with a 17" and a 19" flat panel monitor, along with an old 17" CRT. I think keeping the spare 19" will do, and we'll donate the other two monitors to my bosses' sign company.
On top of this, we might be buying a new house, now that we've started renovations here! So, it has been an interesting weekend so far. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...