Friday, January 16, 2009

Milestone: 60,000 Hits!


Yeah, yeah, some blogs can get 60,000 hits is a single day, maybe even a couple of hours. But those are the big guys. Or, in some cases, the stereotypical pajamas-clad blogger in his parents' basement, who has all day long to seed the search engines and feed his blog. Being a (most of the time) one-man-show, I started the blog with aspirations of only a handful of readers.

This month, I am getting that handful! And the first 40,000 were a long time in coming. The last couple of thousand were also coming at trickle. But if this blog had a heyday, it was during the months of September, October and November. The run-up to the election, and its aftermath saw blog traffic seven times higher than I'm getting now. But I'm still having no urge to quit, though on certain days, I have taken it a bit slower.

I started the blog with only the need for a place to vent my frustrations, and to inform family and friends as to the goings on in my daily life. In the time since, I've used the space to mark important events and to shine a light on some (as Rachel Maddow says) under-reported "holy mackerel" news stories. And of course, there is the odd, frivolous, pure entertainment piece. Going forward, I intend to do all of that, and hopefully more. I'm still trying to come up with a regular feature, something scheduled, and perhaps even "appointment" viewing.

Maybe I'll come up with something along the way to 100,000 readers. Or by my 5,000th post. Or my two-year anniversary. Those are the three milestones I look forward to before even considering to give up the ghost. And once I hit them, I'll probably be inspired to continue on.

Thank you for reading, and please, bring your friends!

UPDATE:
According to Google, this blog has received 100,114 "page impressions" as of today. So I guess I've sort of hit that milestone after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...