Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Whitehouse to Investigate Bush White House?


Photo of Sheldon Whitehouse from TPM Muckraker

The standard liberal lament is that the Bush Administration is going to get away with everything. We held on to hope through two years of (nominal) Democratic control in the Congress. But Congress was worried about scaring away voters for this past election, and didn't do much of anything. So, we thought, if we just wait until we have a lot of Democrats, and a Democratic President, something will finally be done about Bush's lawlessness.

But Barack Obama seems to want to be "nice," and look forward and not back. Joe Biden has been similarly wishy-washy on the issue as well. And to tell you the truth, I'm not really surprised. I'm disappointed--very much so--but I sort of expected this. But alas! There is yet another glimmer of hope! Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse says if Obama won't go after Bush, he will! Dare we get our hopes up one. More. Time?

[Excerpt]

Whitehouse: If Obama doesn’t investigate Bush’s crimes, I will.

“I think that there’s a lot that remains to look at, and I appreciate that President Obama doesn’t want to make it his purpose as a new president, with America in real distress in many directions, to go back and look at all this, but I think we in Congress have an independent responsibility, and I fully intend to discharge that responsibility,” Whitehouse said. . .

Read more at: Think Progress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...