Thursday, January 15, 2009

Rachel Maddow Re-Ups With Air America Radio


Back when the radio show Unfiltered was cancelled in 2005, Rachel Maddow was retained in a one hour, early morning show for a while. I thought it was kind of a booby prize. Only an hour, and unheard by most people on the west coast. But she was quickly given a two-hour show in the evening, and then became the host of her own show on MSNBC.

I love both shows, but since her TV program began, the second hour of her radio show has consisted of a rerun of the previous day's TV show. Something needed to change. Air America Radio obviously wanted to keep her around, but her evening show was clearly difficult to keep around. So, she's back to mornings for one hour. This time, it doesn't seem like a booby prize, it really makes sense. But I'll miss her radio show now, since I am not getting up that early!

Ron Reagan Jr. will get her old timeslot, so I guess I'll give that a try. I like him, but I've only caught him on the radio a couple of times. Maybe I should cut back on my talk-radio listening anyway, and switch to music for a couple of hours.

[Excerpt]

Ramsey, Maddow Sign New Deals

Rachel Maddow has renewed with Air America Media, signing a deal that will keep her with the radio network and interactive division. The Rachel Maddow Show will air as a one-hour program in morning drive on AAM affiliates, starting February 2, and will stream at www.airamerica.com. . .

Read more at: RadioInk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...