Monday, July 19, 2010

What Happens in Vegas: Exiled Radio Team Finds New Home

I'm well known to be a lefty-liberal moonbat, but it wasn't always that way. Time was, I was a Reagan Republican. I shook that off years ago, and frankly, the nearly deified Reagan that right-wing talk radio rhapsodizes about these days bears little resemblance to what I remember.  As a lefty, how would I know that? Because I usually listen to right-wing talk radio in the car to-and-from work.  Oh, I'd probably listen to left-wing radio if I could, but no such animal exists in Las Vegas. Here--though we voted for Barack Obama and a slew of Democrats in the last election--we have three full-time (or one and a half to quote Casey Hendrickson) right-wing talk stations.  Supply and demand, my bippy. But that's a different blog post.

This one is about one station, 840 KXNT-AM (which they never get tired of saying, every other sentence) having shifted formats to a more newsy--but still right-wing--format, and dumping their evening talk duo. I've written about Casey Hendrickson and Heather Kydd before, not usually in glowing terms.  But they kind of got the bum's rush, having been highly rated. They're known as "team awesome" for unclear reasons, and had a youngish fan-base (being youngsters themselves). I've been following them on Facebook out of curiosity. So just to prove to them that not all liberals are big meanies, and "happy to see them fired," here's a free commercial for their new gig on one of those other right-wing stations. This time, it's a FOX "News" station, so I guess you could say they hit the big time.  So, good luck to team awesome. I've got a fairly tiny reach, but if I can help, I'm happy to.



From Hendrickson's Facebook Page: "Our new show will air starting Aug. 16th, 9-11am, Fox News 1280 KDOX."

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info and I used it on my blog. I did give you credit, unlike some blogs that like to steal things. I don't want to name names.. Cranky Hermit.. but thanks for the info

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post :)
    Heather Kydd

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Welcome, Heather. I almost never agree with you two, but I can see the appeal. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't want people to always agree with us - we appreciate everyone's comments and try to be respectful even to those that disagree.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...